Software Center can not be loaded

Regardless of what version of the ConfigMgr agent (2012 –> 1602) you get – there still seems to be a possibility to have left-overs from ConfigMgr 2007.

within the SCClient log-file the following error would be generated;

Exception Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiException: Provider load failure       (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException)

The following is presented to the user when starting Software Center

image

Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center.

It seems that this is due to a reference no longer in use – the dcmsdk.dll, located under SysWOW64 (on 32-bit systems). Sample output using reg query:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432node\classes\CLSID\{555B0C3E-41BB-4B8A-A8AE-8A9BEE761BDF}
(Default)    REG_SZ    Configmgr Desired Configuration WMI Provider

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432node\classes\CLSID\{555B0C3E-41BB-4B8A-A8AE-8A9BEE761BDF}\InProcServer32
(Default)    REG_SZ    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\CCM\dcmsdk.dll

End of search: 2 match(es) found.

Fix? Delete the registry key – sample command line;

reg delete HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\classes\CLSID\{555B0C3E-41BB-4B8A-A8AE-8A9BEE761BDF} /f

11 thoughts on “Software Center can not be loaded

  1. Evgeny Fedorov Reply

    Hi
    I have faced this error for a different reason.

    We have Visual C++ 2013 x86 and x64 redistributables in our target image. If you install a later version of one of these redistributables, it removes BOTH previous versions x86 and x64. So you become having only one version of them – x86 or x64. It breaks SCCM client and it starts generating the error on your screenshot and log-file

  2. Shamo Reply

    I found this issue solution so if we disconnect LAN cable or Wifi connection slowly and you can see this problem in your screen.

  3. Shaun Reply

    We have had this recently with SCCM 1710 with hotfix rollup installed. We found the cause was the rootccmclientSDK WMI namespace permissions where missing for the INTERACTIVE principal.

    On a working device, it should have Execute and Enable ticked for this and all sub namespaces.

    This can be fixed remotely on machines with wmimgmt.msc or should be able to be scripted (we haven’t done this yet).

    We have yet to find the cause of this issue but this solution is working without a full client reinstall and without touching VC runtimes or .net Framework.

    HTH

    • Shaun Reply

      Backslashes stripped above, should be…
      root backslash ccm backslash clientSDK.

      🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *